From beginning to end I felt we were receiving the best advice and quality work.
TBD was always looking out for our best interests and they have been extremely responsive in every way.
to contact us.
VOICE OVER IP (VoIP).
next generation PHONE SERVICE.
'VoIP' is an acronym for 'Voice over Internet Protocol' or in more common terms, phone services and applications through your data network.
VoIP does not mean “everything is free”
But what it does mean is that your business can take advantage of features and capabilities that until recently were only available to the enterprise market..
- Save money on Long Distance and business telephone lines
- Create a unified telephony solution (integrating voicemail, email, mobile, wireless) that is easy to deploy, reliable, scalable and cost-effective
- Take advantage of new features and new ways of handling calls
Lower cost, increased functionality.
Phone service via VoIP costs less than equivalent service from traditional sources. And VoIP makes easy some things that are difficult with traditional phone networks.
- Incoming phone calls are automatically routed to your VoIP phone where ever you plug it into the network.
- Take your VoIP phone with you on a trip, and anywhere you connect it to the Internet, you can receive your incoming calls.
- Call center agents using VoIP phones can easily work from anywhere with a good Internet connection.
Traditional telephony versus VoIP: A Feature Comparison
||Voice over IP
- Dedicated Lines
- Each line is 64kbps (in each direction)
- Features such as call waiting, Caller ID and so on are usually available at an extra cost
- Can be upgraded or expanded with new equipment and line provisioning
- Long distance is usually per minute or bundled minute subscription
- Hard-wired landline phones (those without an adapter) usually remain active during power outage
- When placing a 911 call it can be traced to your location
- All channels carried over one Internet connection
- Compression can result in 10kbps (in each direction)
- Features such as call waiting, Caller ID are usually included free with service
- Upgrades usually requires only bandwidth and software upgrades
- Long distance is often included in regular monthly price
- Lose power, lose phone service without power backup in place
- 911 emergency calls cannot always be traced to a specific geographic location